• Leipzig was a thriving city with a population of 30,000.
• What did the residents eat, drink, and wear?
• How did they bathe and cook back then?
• What fuels heated and illuminated their homes?
• How many weekly church services were there?
• And how many taverns?
This richly-illustrated description of daily life in Germany in the 1730s was written by a master storyteller and acclaimed Bach performer. It's a unique book about daily life in Bach's time. Learn more...
A comprehensive Bach site,
Educational programs of the
German and English websites by Peter Bach, a descendant of J.S. Bach's family
for kids & teachers. (no English site yet)